What's on your mind?

December 11, 2015


Is it a stay at home, put your head under the covers, order a pizza and watch Netflix kinda day?

I used to have plenty of those days. Where I feel so crappy about myself and my life that I just don’t feel like doing anything. I would rather pig out on junk food and watch television then do something productive. Why is that? Why does it sometimes feel better to do that? Especially after some hard time in your life. Like a break up, a job loss or pretty much any disappointment. It just feels better to wallow in the crap then it does to pick yourself up and move on.

Why? I think it is because it is easier to do that. It is human nature to lean towards what is easy. It takes effort to choose the positive outlook in these moments. But what good is it really to remain in the funk?

I say entertain it for a little while. Get those first initial feelings out, because you need to, just don’t nurse them.

We spend a lot of time being Gluten free, fat free..etc… and trying not to put harmful foods in our body, but when was the last time we were careful about what thoughts we put in our minds. The garbage thoughts that don’t lift us up but that tear us down.

We hear people all the time saying no carbs, no fats, no gluten. But what about no negative self- talk? What about no self-defeating thoughts. What about that? If we spent more time feeding our soul and mind on thoughts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy, we would be more joyful and loving towards ourselves and others.

Living Prosperously

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook