Four Daily Practices to Help Quiet Doubt

October 19, 2017


 At some point in our lives most of us have felt insecure about something. That feeling of not being confident in yourself or your abilities. Or feeling like you are not good enough in a relationship. I know I have.

I recently found myself feeling incredibly insecure in a close relationship. I found myself thinking and behaving in ways that were very unlike me. Insecurity will do that - you can loose all sense of reality. See things that really are not there. Have thoughts creep in that make you doubt.

No one wants to be insecure. So how do we become secure? 

These are a few things that I practice in my life to help with insecurities.

Accept
I accept myself for who I am - all parts. I recognize my weaknesses, limitations and know they don't define me. Even if I am not always perfect with it, I try to do this as much as possible. Intent is important.

Forgive
I forgive myself and others for things of the past that can not be changed. Why spend a lot of time in regret and resentment when you can't change any event that may have happened in the past? It is a waste of time and energy to dwell on a past that cannot be changed. So forgive and release yourself, and release those burdens you are carrying with the grudges and memories. If you keep going over your past it will rule your present, and your future. Bless those people who have wronged you for what they have taught you, and find ways to look at them that will bring you peace. Allow yourself to feel that peace and forgiveness.

Stop Seeking Approval From Others
Seeking approval from others demonstrates that you are placing your worth in others rather than yourself, and that is a recipe for pain and suffering. When I find myself seeking approval I think back to a quote from Deepak Chopra "What other people think of you is not your business. If you start to make that business your business, you will be offended for the rest of your life."

Choose Love Over Fear
I believe that every moment is a choice between fear and love. You are either operating from a place of fear or from a place of love, and the behaviour you choose reflects that. I believe that feeling insecure is a form of fear.  Insecurity can't live in a loving environment. So if you are asking yourself and reflecting in situations on the idea of "Is this the most loving thing to do or say?" insecurity will not thrive.

Those are a few things that I have found helpful in removing insecurity from my life. If there are other steps or habits you have found helpful in releasing your own doubt, please do share it with me below in the comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook